Alternative Service Breaks
Alternative Service Break (ASB) trips provide a meaningful way for students and staff to engage in a group oriented, immersion community service experience and to learn about service issues such as affordable housing, early childhood education, disaster relief, hunger and homelessness, and sustainable development. Key tenants of an ASB trip include meaningful community service, intentional group reflection, and personal leadership development.
ASB is now accepting participant applications for its seven Spring Break trips during Georgia Tech's Spring Break, March 17/18-24, 2018.
To apply, complete the participant application via OrgSync by Sunday, Nov. 26 at 11:59pm. The application outlines the selection process, participant expectations, and trip descriptions.
2018 ASB Spring Break Trips:
- Biloxi, MS (Community Collaborations) - Early Childhood Education
- Concord, NC (Habitat for Humanity) - Affordable Housing
- Jacksonville, FL (Habitat for Humanity) - Affordable Housing
- Maryville, TN (Once Upon a Time) - Environmental Preservation
- Oakland, CA (Community Collaborations) - Community Sustainability
- Dominican Republic (Outreach 360) - Teaching English
- Nicaragua (Community Collaborations) - Environmental Preservation and Education
ASB hosted three fall break trips this year and is excited to support the Hurricane Harvey relief effort during its upcoming winter break trip.
2017 ASB Fall Break and Winter Break Trips:
- Asheville, NC (Habitat for Humanity) - Affordable Housing
- Cherokee, NC (National Parks Service) - Environmental Preservation
- Columbia, SC (PETSinc) - Animal Welfare
- Houston / Beaumont, TX (Community Collaborations) - Disaster Relief
You can also have a look at our previous trips to learn more about projects, community partners, and trip destinations.